One of the best places to visit in the Philippines is the attractive city of Baguio and area that surrounds it. Baguio is a high in elevation and located in the Northern Luzon in the Philippines. It's a cool climate place and it's great for relaxation.
Here are some of the places that you should visit Baguio:
- Burnham Park - It's the center of all activities in Baguio and you'll find lots of souvenir items and specialty foods. The main attraction is a man-made lake where tourists can rent a boat and just cruise in the lake.
- Mines View Park - It's the most visited park in the city. It has a breath taking view of some mountains. Tourists also have a chance to get dressed in full Cordillera regalia--bahag, shield and spear for the men, tapis for the ladies, vests and headdresses.
- The Mansion - This is the place where the Philippine president and the first family stay if they are in Baguio.
- Wright Park - This is where you can see a pool of pines. It's main features are a shallow elongated rectangular body of water known as the " Pool of Pines" and the park circle which is one end of the park.
- Botanical Garden - It's known as the Igorot Village.It showcases the native houses of the different Cordillera tribes.
- The Grotto - You have to take 252 steps to reach the top of the Grotto. Where you will find the image of the Lady of Lourdes.
- Baguio Cathedral - It's stunning rose-colored structure is notable from other churches in the Philippines by its twin spires.
- Philippines Military Academy - It is the premier military institution of the Philippines. A place symbolizing glory and discipline. This academy trains and develops a cadet to be an officer of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
- Strawberry Farm - This is where you can pick and eat fresh strawberries.
- Camp John Hay
For those who want to visit Baguio, the city of pines....you should try it!