Davao City is the land of the majestic Philippines Eagles and mouth-watering Durian. KADAYAWAN is a festivity of life and thanksgiving for the plentiful gifts of nature and peaceful living. It derives from the pleasant Dabawenyo greeting, " Madayaw". Davao means good, precious, and beautiful.
Several events are lined up which is usually held every third week of August . This year the Festival Highlights are as follows:
- August 18 - Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan (Street Dancing Competition)
- August 19 - Pamulak sa Kadalanan (Floral Float Competition)
Here are the activities during the week of August 20 to 26, 2012:
- Floral Float Parade - Thousands of colorful flowers are formed into different shapes that the creator prefers. Aside from the fresh flowers, they include also fresh fruits. This is the most-watched even in the annual festival.
- Indak-Indak sa Kadalalan - A street dance competition participated in different schools, communities, and organization in their colorful tribal costumes and jewels.
- Hiyas sa Kadayawan - A beauty pageant that showcase the fabulously gorgeous ladies of the different tribes of Davao.
- Exhibits and Trade Fairs
- Night and Street Parties
- Cultural Performances
Experience the fun and colors of Davao! If you are planning to come to this event, book for your ticket now. Duaw ug Duyog!